50 Awesome Ideas for your Insulated Food Thermos for kids school lunches
- by Shea Cleverly
There is nothing better than a steaming hot lunch on a cold day - for kids and adults alike! An insulated food thermos jar like the Yumbox Zuppa or even a insulated Lunchbox like an Omiebox are perfect for those cold wintery NZ days at school, kindy and even work! Insulated food jars work to keep hot food nice and toasty. But don't forget they can also be used in to keep cold food chilled for those hot summer days! Think crispy chicken salads and juicy watermelon! Whichever way you choose they make a wonderful addition to any childs lunch.
Below are over 50 ideas for hot and cold foods
- Scrambled eggs and bacon
- Sautéed beans - Pack basic beans with chopped veg and tortilla chips (or soft shells) on the side
- Corn on the cob –
- Dumplings - Don’t forget a little container of soy sauce.
- Rice - Rice + whatever frozen veg you have + dash of soy sauce = lunch is done.
- Toasted Sandwich bites
- Pasta-Leftover is obviously easiest, but if you have the time in the morning, boil some noodles, mix with butter, Parmesan and a handful of frozen vege- done!
- Warm Porridge
- Hot Chocolate – just make sure you warn them to open it carefully!
- Macaroni Cheese/Lasagne/Cabonara ect
- Pulled chicken or pork and some salad or coleslaw. Pack with a squishy bun on the side
- Quesadillas-A great way to add a lot of veggies between layers of cheese.
- Pack some salsa and sour cream on the side!
- Chicken tenders
- Ramen noodle soup
- Roast Vegetables
- Left over casseroles and stews
- Vegetable fritters
- Warm wrap
- Pancakes and waffles
- Cheerio sausages
- Homemade chicken nuggets
- Mini Satay Sticks
- Rice and butter chicken or chicken satay (or any of your fav curries!)
- Warm hard boiled eggs with buttered soldiers
- Chicken Crepes – or any warm filling really! Just roll them up and pop them in the thermos
- Mini Bacon and egg Pie
- Warm scones
- Baked potato
- Smoothie bowl
- Chicken Salad
- Cold Pasta Salad
- Egg salad
- Quinoa salad
- Fruit Salad
- Yoghurt with Fruit
- Freshly made sushi
- Homemade custard
- Fresh salad with dressing
- Pasta or Rice Salad with chopped fresh veggies
- Hummus and Vegetable Sticks
- Cold shredded meats like chicken and some sliced cheese and lettuce – pack a squishy bun on the side!
- Overnight Oats/Bircher muesli
- Yoghurt Parfaits
- Chia Pudding
- Antipasto sticks (kebabs) – Cheese cubes, olives, gherkin, salami
- Cold chicken nibbles
Browse Our store to find plenty of interesting products that can improve any meal.
Please mail us at email@example.com if you have any thoughts or questions.
The Lunchbox Collection can supply you with everything you need to make lunchtime fun!